Tuesday, December 02, 2008

out of the abyss

I return once more! Wow. Almost two years since my last post. I suppose it is appropriate that I return now -- now that I am seriously investing myself in writing. So much has happened since my last post; I graduated with my masters, got married, got a new job, quit said job, moved to Marin, got another new job, quit said job ... and in two weeks I will once more reinvent myself, this time as a teacher at a child care center. That's right -- I've all but given up on that sinking ship that is journalism (for now). No more secretary spread and dry computer eyes for me! I'm going to be once again cycling to work and running my fanny off with the youngsters of the fine city of San Rafael. Should be fun ... that's the goal anyway! Fun? At work? That's right, people. I believe it is actually possible!

So the plan is that since this new job's hours are 11:30-6:30, I can spend my mornings writing, hiking, and maybe making some extra money to subsidize my *extravagant* Marin lifestyle ... or not. Hey, as long as I can pay the rent, I'm cool :)

1 comment:

Valerie Geary said...

Yay! welcome back to the blogging world..... though you may find that it will start to haunt your waking dreams and distract you from getting any real writing done... ;)