Monday, December 22, 2008

Facebook is sucking my soul


Yup. The title pretty much says it all. I finally broke down yesterday and joined Facebook for some silly reason, and now I've forgotten the reason ... every time I open my email I have about 15 emails from people who've either "confirmed that they are my friend" or "requested that I confirm that we are friends." It is SO bizarre. But kinda cool at the same time. I'm learning all kinds of things about people I used to know ... and I guess I am still "friends" with them? But really, if we saw each other, would we instantly have a bond about anything other than Facebook? In any case, it's good preparation for my 10-year reunion (AH! Next year!). I think that I am exactly the same in so many ways as I was 10 years ago, but everyone else seems to look like different, more adult versions of themselves. The only thing that's different about my appearance are the baby wrinkles forming around my eyes :(

3 comments:

Valerie Geary said...

Love the picture!! Tried facebook for about 4 weeks to try and stay in touch with Brandy.... didn't work out so well. Hated it (facebook... not Brandy! :D )! Good luck for you though! Maybe you'll make a better run of it than I did!

laurel said...

don't worry - things will calm down pretty quickly! pretty soon, you're friends with everyone, and then what?? hahaha! merry xmas love! see you soon, k???

Anonymous said...

Erin, you should turn off your notifications to your emails from facebook. That way you wouldn't get bugged on your email constantly, and you can just go on facebook when you want to find out who has friended you and stuff. I'm glad you are on facebook...